International Workshop Agreement (IWA1) Guidelines for process improvements in health service organizations
This guide was developed with the following objectives:
- Improve delivered health service quality and safety to complement existing accreditation or to aid in achieving accreditation
- Provide process improvements to increase the value added to the organization and customer .
- Improve the image of the organization, increase customer confidence and have a tool to reward quality.
- Develop/incorporate a process that is actionable
- Minimize/reduce burden on health service organizations
Health service organizations should define all their processes. These processes, which are typically multi-disciplinary, include administrative and other support services as well as those involving treatment, include such examples as the:
- Development and delivery of training as required by competencies or credentialing
- Surgery processes and the necessary ancillary support services
- Preventive and predictive maintenance program
- Design and/or development of diagnostic protocols/ pathways.
- Billing and coding for services correctly.
- Billing and coding for services correctly
Who is it relevant for?
IWA1 is relevant to any health service organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations, a basic requirement for all types and sizes, whether they're in the private, public or voluntary sectors.
For questions or inquiries, please contact us or fill out the quick contact form on this page and we will get back to you shortly.